So, you wanna know MORE about me than just the other stuff I have on here? Ok. If you like reading it, I'll write it. I'm a twenty something, living in Des Moines, Iowa. I live with 4 other girls and only 1.5 bathrooms. I'm from a small town in southeast Iowa where my dad was the mayor for 13 years. I graduated from the same school where I spent 13 years in. I will forever be a Panther! I went to Truman State Univeristy in Kirksville, Missouri where I majored in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing and minors in Spanish and Psychology. That may sound incredibly boring, to me it does, but I am anything but boring! When my mom went to the doctor to make my sister a permanent only child, they found out I was on the way! My parents told me that I was the cause for their ONLY fight during their 25 year marriage(read My Journey to find out how/why it wasn't longer). I just laugh, because I like to think I make their life non-boring. I love LOVE love LOVE to cook, seriously LOVE. I prefer to cook vegan or vegetarian because I like all the colors, I'm a colorful person. I will cook non-vegan and non-vegetarian fair, I just won't eat it most of the time. It's just a preference, no soap boxes will be stood on here. Seriously though, LOVE to cook. I'm told, on a pretty regular basis, that I should open my own restaurant which I definitely want to do someday, I just need the finances to do it. Its been a dream of mine since my sophomore year of college when I suddenly woke up one night and realized what I wanted to do with my life. I also like to create, anything. I paint, I write, I sew, I do other crafty things. It's in my blood. But cooking is my specialty. I also LOVE Jesus. I've been a Christian since 4th grade, thanks to my wonderful mom, but have only been living the true Christian life for the past three years. Thanks to moving to Des Moines, my wonderful life-long friend Amber, and my Church,The DTC. I like lists, I didn't realize that until I started this blog so here's a list of things about me:
1. I would rather run in the cold rain than on a sweltering hot summer day and when I run I feel like I'm invisible. I don't like people watching me run, probably why I haven't run many races.
2. Sometimes I wish I could just start belting out songs that pop into my head but that's socially unacceptable so I try to restrain myself
3. I love chocolate but if there's a bowl full of candy, I'll probably pick out the Skittles and Starburst before any Chocolate.
4. I eat weird stuff, according to my family. I like to think I'm just someone who likes to experiment so I cook vegan, vegetarian, raw, etc. I rarely, but sometimes do, eat meat and I don't like labels so call me what you want to but 99 times out of 100 I'll choose vegan/vegetarian over anything else.
5. I could eat Mexican every day of my life and never get tired of it. One of my roommates in college(who later became one of my roommates after college) would eat salsa every single day for dinner. Nothing else, just salsa and chips.
6. I became an actual writer at the age of 13, I wrote for the high school paper(while I was in middle school) and coincidently the articles I wrote ended up in all of the local papers most weeks.
7. I love kids. Many of my friends have kids and I love all of them as if they were mine, especially one particular little blonde boy who sure knows how to melt my heart. His mom and I have know each other since pre-school and blood related or not that kid is my nephew and I love him as such!
8. I'm a tree hugger. I even wear Birkenstock's and eat granola, furthering the stereotype. I don't like wasting things, so I try to do my part but I'm not going to chain myself to a tree.
9. Vintage and classic are my looks of choice, I'm drawn to antiques, unique and original pieces whether it be clothes, furniture, houses, etc.
10. I could make friends with a brick wall and talk to it for hours, I try not to do that often(to keep a trip to the loony bin at bay) but I will talk to whomever wants to talk to me and we'll probably leave the conversation great friends.
This blog is more of a "life chronicle" than anything. I like writing and it has always been a therapeutic outlet for me so read on dear friends, read on!