Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Could Name EVERY Blogpost "Random" and it Would be True. Every. Time.

I was reading something the other day and I realized that I am a "perfect" "all or nothin" type person.  What I mean by that is that if I do something I have to do it perfectly and I have to do ALL of it or I won't do it.  Case in point: right now I can't run a marathon so I'm not going to work out at all or I'm not the most "Biblicly" well read person so it doesn't matter if I read my Bible or not.  THIS is what is constantly in my head about a lot of things.  BUT on the other side of the coin(yes, my brain likes to play devil's advocate a lot) for example, cooking.  I am continually cooking aka practicing for the day that (prayerfully and hopefully) I can open the doors of my own restaurant/bakery/coffee shop (any one or all of them would be fantastic). For some reason my head can wrap itself around the fact that owning my own business is a journey and not just a one-time shot in the pan but it can't do that with training for a marathon or being more knowledgeable about the Bible and God's word.  So, you may be wondering where this is all going.  I have figured out the solution: every single moment, of every single day I am going to strive to be faithful in the small things.  I will:
1. Get up when my alarm goes off and TRY not to hit the snooze so I can
2. Get things done and taken care of and ready so I can walk to work which will
3. Give me a good 25-30 minutes of walk time to pray which helps me
4. Be more God-minded throughout my day and also reminds me that
5. I need to read my Bible, whether it be at work during lunch or when I get home helping me
6. Realize that its about the journey, and that's what matters to me.

SO, that's what has been on my mind lately, along with a massive multi-week migraine that needs to take a long walk off of a short pier!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I have been remembering to take more pictures since I got a camera for Christmas.  BUT have yet to download them so here are some from my phone of some random things that have been happening.

I got to watch this little bundle of adorableness this weekend.  Cutest.  Kid. EVER.  Of course I'm super biased since I've known his mom since almost his age AND I was the first person to hold him after he was born(other than his mom and dad of course, I'm not crazy/obsessive)!!!!  I think he's great and who can't love that face!!!!

AND

Yeah, I made that.  I actually took some really good pictures of the process I went through to make it and hey, I might even get them up on here to share.  It's actually pretty easy and it looks pretty too!!!!  Yep, I think I have some skills.  Well, that's my bit-o-random for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment