Monday, August 9, 2010

Half Marathon

I'm going to sign up for a half Marathon.  And I think my legs just went numb!  I love running and have since high school but the furthest I've ever run was 8 miles(in the grander scheme of things, not far off of a half marathon) but that was about 5 years ago and it was after an entire summer and part of fall worth of training. The one I want to do is in OCTOBER a meer 11 weeks from now, YIKES.  It's in Mason City( my dad and Nae could come cheer me on!!!!!) and it's small. It's colder up there in October so it would be optimal Meredith running weather but I'm serioulsy scared out of my mind and thinking about it makes me want to cry but this is a life goal of mine and I think this is the year/time to do it in.  I know what I want out of life but sometimes I have a hard time getting down to the nitty gritty, doing hte work and getting it done.  Again, this is where my squiggly line tendencies come out.  I'm asking for prayers for safe training, peace as I try not to think about the magnitude of achiving a goal I've wanted for 10 years but I think I've been a little too scared to go after, and just general discipline.  I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and start walking the walk of a runner!   That sounded weird but I'm sure you all kno what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment