Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm turning into my mother, and I LIKE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who were never blessed to know my mother, I genuinely hurt for you that you never got to meet her.  She was probably the most amazing person you'd ever meet.  She'd have you at hello and a smile!  Although sometimes irritating and demanding with wicked high expectations and an emotional nightmare( I can say this because it is also a trait I get from her) she was wonderful.  She would see something in a magazine or book and instantly have to make it, if she could, and she usually could.  She could make a masterpiece out of the most random junk.  She sewed all of the costumes for her high school musical, "Oklahoma".  She was always the crafty "go-to" person for bible school and other church/4H/community activities.  I get my wicked-sweet baking and cooking skills from my mom too.  She never measured a thing, she just dumped and smelled and mixed and felt and POOF it was done and whatever it was, it was wonderful.  Domestically, she could fix anything too. Give her a shirt/skirt/cookies/dinner that was either not right/broken/torn/gross and she'd make it great.  She made us doll clothes for all seasons, our own clothes for all seasons, stockings for all of our teachers for Christmas, name doilies as well, homemade pizza(or bubble pizza in Amber and Ranae terms) on Fridays when my friends came over, would talk your ear off, loved the Lord and made sure everyone knew that, smart, funny and beautiful to boot! I'm sure you all think your mom is the greatest but I don't question why God wanted her by His side so soon, because she was so amazing and He had way bigger plans for her than could have been done from earth.  SO to get to the point of my story, I was reading a crafty blog today about this woman who makes cute clothes for her two boys and home decor for each season and she had a guest post by her sister talking about how she found these two old doors on the side of a road and turned them into a headboard and a footboard for her bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH ITS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I must try it.  I've been looking for a headboard for ever and I just never seem to find one I feel is worth the money to buy it.  SO my mission is to overtake my dad's work bench at his house(he just made a really cool one in thier extra garage) and find an old door and make it my new headboard.  Tall order? I think not. And that friends is exactly something my mom would do.  All the other stuff I mentioned about how great my mom was/is, I can only hope to be half the person she was.  Man I need a camera to post pictures of stuff I made.  I made a scarf from and old T-shirt.  Its pretty sweet!!!  It will be debuted today at my camping trip with my Bible study, and yes if you don't hear from me in a day, call for help.  Until next time Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment